Diaries of a Soliloquist
|Soliloquy (n): the act of a character speaking to himself so as to reveal his thoughts to the audience.
Ten rape prevention tips:
1. Don’t put drugs in women’s drinks.
2. When you see a woman walking by herself, leave her alone.
3. If you pull over to help a woman whose car has broken down, remember not to rape her.
4. If you are in an elevator and a woman gets in, don’t rape her.
5. When you encounter a woman who is asleep, the safest course of action is to not rape her.
6. Never creep into a woman’s home through an unlocked door or window, or spring out at her from between parked cars, or rape her.
7. Remember, people go to the laundry room to do their laundry. Do not attempt to molest someone who is alone in a laundry room.
8. Use the Buddy System! If it is inconvenient for you to stop yourself from raping women, ask a trusted friend to accompany you at all times.
9. Carry a rape whistle. If you find that you are about to rape someone, blow the whistle until someone comes to stop you.
10. Don’t forget: Honesty is the best policy. When asking a woman out on a date, don’t pretend that you are interested in her as a person; tell her straight up that you expect to be raping her later. If you don’t communicate your intentions, the woman may take it as a sign that you do not plan to rape her."
My favorite story I’ve ever written, I think.
I can’t remember Tommy’s last name, but he’s leaning against the back wall of...
The news has just come out that the new Dan Brown book, INFERNO, will be out in May. In 2009, when The Lost Symbol came...
I noticed that this blog has gained 7000+ follower recently, and I just wanted to say a big big thank you!
They call it the Lonely House. Not exactly the best name for real estate, but, then again, the people who live there aren’t all that...
Here you go (and no matter how it turns out, if you do decide to do something with it, I would LOVE to read it, and I might even feature it...
There are all sorts of ways to emphasize what was mundane, outline routine, describe the boredom consuming our protagonist, but that’s at least...
Prompt idea by imaginingatower:
Write about the days of the week as individual personalities.
I’m the tiniest bit...